Diy cardboard play kitchen knife and cutting board
Things I used for this project
1. Trace pattern on the cardboard Make sure that the ribs of the cardboard are going horizontally before you cut it
2. I put 5 Bamboo Skewers sticks inside the cardboard to make it more sturdy
3. Hot glue cardboard knife to the piece of felt; cut felt about 1/8” bigger than the cardboard ,cut one more piece of felt the same size and glue it to the other side
4. Hand sew; Whip stitch all around the edge
5. Cut 1 stripe of felt 1/2” width for side of handle.
Laying down the knife on felt trace only the handle part cut 4 pieces
6. Glue 2 pieces on each side of the knife and glue on strip
;optional glue on 2 little white circle on the handle for decorative
Knife is Done.
Making cutting board
1. Cut cardboard according to the pattern then cut felt on fold bigger than the cardboard
I randomly stitch the line on one side of felt to make it more like a wood
2. For the front piece Trace the handle then cut felt in half and trace handle on the back piece
3. Matching the handle, pin. With the right side together stitch and Cut along the handle, turn right side out
4. Put cardboard in the middle, glue felt on the back side and trimmed the edge leaving about 1/8” do the same for the front
5. Hand sew whip stitch around the edge
Bamboo Skewers sticks really made the knife more sturdy I’m pretty sure my kids not going to break it anytime soon
Felt knife update!
I noticed the knife has fluffy lint after my kids play with it for awhile because of the Velcro on felt food, so I come out with another idea
1.Cut all the lint out and put PVC glue on it
2.Let’s it dry overnight
Now Velcro doesn’t stuck on the the knife anymore