- Jan 27, 2018
- 1 min read
DIY Ruffled Flutter Sleeve dress tutorials for 18" and 14" dolls with free printable Pattern
Updated: Jun 2
Let’s start with cutting all the fabric pieces
* use 1/4” seam allowances
1. cut all the pattern 10 pieces
2. Pin and Stitch bodice front and bodice back together at shoulders
Do the same thing for bodice front lining and back lining
3. Fold Armhole ruffle wrong side together; press. Gather armhole ruffle
4. Pin ruffle to the armhole edge stitch to secure
5. Pin lining to the bodice having right sides together and edge even. Stitch along armhole and then neckline to the back bodice edge
6. Clip around the curve
7. Turn right side out and Press
8. Pin bodice front and bodice back sections together at sides; pin lining section together at sides. Stitch in one continuous seam.
9. Turn lining down; Press
The bodice part are Done.
10. Hem on the edge of skirt and lining
11. Gather upper edge of skirt and lining
12. Adjust gathers for matching to the bodice
13. Stitch skirt at the lower center; Press seam open
14. With the skirt right side together matching centers back of skirt and lining, Pin and stitch opening edge on the back of skirt.
15. Put bodice piece inside between skirt and lining Pin and stitch.
16. Turn right side out; press
17. cut Velcro about 2.5" stitch on the back of the dress