Felt turkey dinner tutorials
Free printable pattern HERE!
Trace all the pattern markings I use big needle and water erasable pen
1. grab the white felt for bones and sew to drumsticks part matching the marking points
2. Sew in the velcro (soft part) whip stitch around then Lay down the back piece and whip stitch the bones part
3. stuff a little bit of poly-fill in the bone part
4. and continue to sew leave an opening about 3” then stuff with poly-fill
(optional roll scrap of felt inside the bone for more structure ) continue to sew the opening closed, set aside.
5. Sew in the velcro (soft part) whip stitch around
6. Lay down the back piece and sew until reaching the wing tip part,
7. sew blanket stitch along the bottom part
8. turn and continue to sew leave an opening about 3” stuff with poly-fill,
9. sew the opening closed set aside.
Turkey body part
10. Place 4 pieces velcro (rough part) on the body pieces matching the marking points and sew, this time I use a sewing machine with a zigzag stitch (you can hand sew but I’m getting tired)
11. Match up the two turkey body sides and sew This will be the top of the turkey, sew along until reaching the marking point
12. pin oval turkey body base and sew,
13. leave an opening to stuff poly-fill for few inches and stuff, sew the opening closed
Match up a Velcro with Drumsticks and wings Now turkey is Done!
*tip you can use a small ruler for sewing guide to help with even stitch*
** somehow I didn’t like the way turkey land it, so I sew along the base front part for about 2” **
this is how the bottom of turkey look like