Updated: Jan 11
- Fabric for leaves cut on fold 5.5in x 3.5in
- 10 small circles measuring 3in (7.6cm) across
- 5 big circles measuring 4in (10.6cm) across
- Polyfill stuffing
- Card Stock paper/cereal box
- Hot glue
1. Trace the leaves pattern onto the fabric and Stitch all around, trim seam allowance and turn it inside out ;add polyfill and stitch the leaf veins then set it aside.
2. On the 5 big circle add a little bit of polyfill then fold the circle in half and pin in place, Do the same with 8 small circles. Use sewing machine and stitch the seam close. (5 big and 8 small semicircles) set it aside.
3. Make the middle of flower, take one small circle and hand sew running stitch around the edge. Put polyfill into the centre, Pulling up the thread to gather making a ball shape.
4. Working on the 1st layer of the flower, Use 3 small semicircles overlapping each one; pin and sew running stitch. Pulling up the thread to gather then grab the ball you made earlier and sew them together to make small flower.
5. Make 2nd layers of the flower, Use 5 semicircles overlapping each one; pin and sew running stitch. Pulling up the thread to gather then stitch it to the flower.
6. Make 3rd layers of the flower, Use 5 big semicircles and do the same on step5.
7. This will be bottom of the flower, On the last small circle hand sew running stitch around the edge; put card stock paper inside the fabric then pull the thread to cover the paper set it aside.
8. Cut elastic to your desire length (Wrap it around you sewing machine or wrist).
9. Hand sew or use the hot glue, to put everything together.
Printable pattern HERE!
Was this tutorial helpful? Consider buying me a cup of coffee! Venmo me @Bankky-Nomoto
It will help cover the costs around here and encourage more free pattern and tutorial
Thanks for stopping by
and allowing me to share a little of my passion
I Hope You Have a nice day!
And don't forget to Do more of what makes you happy!
HAPPY BANKKY / CRAFTY MOM