Easy Basic Short pants for 18" dolls Tutorials
Updated: Nov 21, 2020
1. Cut all the pieces, 2 front, 2 back, 2 pockets, 2 of 18x2 stripes for ruffles.
2. Press slanted edge of each pocket and press long side and bottom edge 1/4 inch to the wrong side and topstitch
3. Place pocket on each shorts front matching up the top edges and sides, topstitch to attach the pocket.
4. Sew center front seam and sides seam leaving the center back open.
*if you don't want ruffles*
Sew center back and inner leg seam, matching center seams;
Making the ruffles
5. press the bottom edges 1/4 inch to the wrong side and topstitch, Gather top edges match up to the pants,
6. press; pin and stitch ruffles to the pants, press.
7. Fold waistband 1/2 inch to the wrong side
8. Stitch elastic to the top end of each side just a few stitches to secure, stitch 5/8 inch along the waistband.
9. Sew center back and inner leg seam, matching center seams, to keep the seam in place sew few stitches on top.