Frill long sleeves dress # 18" dolls dress with free printable pattern
Updated: Dec 27, 2021
cut all the pieces according to the pattern
1. On the edge of skirt and frill sleeve double fold; press, stitch and set aside.
2. stitch 1/4" around the outer edge of the neck facing; press along the stitch and topstitch, set aside.
3. Pin and Stitch bodice front and bodice back together at shoulders backstitching at both ends of the seam. (optional serge or zigzag stitch on the edges) ; press seam open.
4. Place the neck facing and bodice right sides together pin and stitch with 1/4" seam allowances, Clip curves be careful not to cut into stitching.
5. Understitch a facing with the seam allowances folded to the facing side seam edgestitch along the seamline, holding the seam allowance underside; press along the neckline, set aside.
6. Make two rows of stitches along the edge pull up gathering to match up frill with the sleeve edge, pin, stitch; press seam allowance towards sleeve.
7. *optional for bowtie, Stitch the ribbon on top along the frill sleeves.
8. Gathering around sleeves cap, match up sleeves to the armhole, stitch.
9. Pin Match the sleeves and the side of the bodice, stitch.
10. Gather upper edge of the skirt, Adjust gathers for matching to the bodice pin and stitch.
11. On the center back and neck facing With the right side together stitch each end of the facing, trim the seam allowances at an angle to reduce bulk, serge or zigzag stitch on the center back edge, turn and fold center back seam allowance; press
12. Cut Velcro about 2.5" pin stitch on the back of the dress.
13. Stitch the center back about 3", Sew a couple stitches on the right side of the center back to keep seam allowance in place.
Now the dress is Done!
Was this tutorial helpful? Consider buying me a cup of coffee! Venmo Me @Bankky-Nomoto
It will help cover the costs around here and encourage more free pattern and tutorial