Sewing Doll Bonnet
PS. the printable patterns are at the bottom of the page!
1/4" seam allowance included in the pattern.
Prewash, dry and iron your fabric before you sew it.
Use 1/4 seam allowances
Cut out all the pieces.
1. Use the pattern as a guide, On the hat piece fold the hem and turn under again to
make casing for elastic, press and edgestitch, stitch 2 rows of gather stitches.
2. Insert elastic, pin and stitch elastic on both ends. Put it aside.
3. On the wrong side of visor, fold down 1/4" on one piece the fabric seam allowance.
4. Match the curve, Pin and insert the ribbon and stitch along the curve.
5. Trim and clip out some V shapes in the seam allowance to reduce bulk.
6. Turn visor right side out, Press.
7. Aline middle part of the hat and visor, pin in place, Pull gather stitches on the hat to fit along one side of the visor fabric seam, pin and stitch. (make sure to open the visor out of the way and stitch on one seam)
8. Remove gather stitch.
9. On the wrong side of the bonnet fold the visor down, pin.
10. Stitch the opening close along the stitch line using ladder stitch or whip stitch.
Was this tutorial helpful? Consider buying me a cup of coffee! Venmo me @Bankky-Nomoto
It will help cover the costs around here and encourage more free patterns and tutorial